Educate Together second-level schools provide a caring and supportive school community that nurtures each student’s personal, social and academic potential throughout their school career.
Our approach at second-level moves away from ‘teaching to the test’ and towards an emphasis on the learner. Students develop skills in creative and critical thinking, communication, teamwork, research and leadership.
Teachers in an Educate Together second-level school use the best teaching and learning methods to make students’ learning active, relevant, challenging and enjoyable.
Our ethos provides a strong moral, ethical and spiritual framework for the whole school community, and informs all policies and practices in the daily life of the school. Students follow an ethical curriculum, which includes learning about different religions and belief systems.
Our vision is for a new model of second-level school, one that places the student - your child – at its centre. We aim to create a vibrant, welcoming school community to which every student feels a real sense of belonging. Read our Brochure for Parents to find out more about our schools.
The vision for Educate Together second-level schools is described in our Taking the Next Step: A Blueprint for an Educate Together Second-level School. This comprehensive document draws on Irish and international research and shows how the Educate Together model delivers key life skills as well as academic success. It has been widely praised by educationalists, industry figures, parents and students.
Thirteen second-level schools with Educate Together involved as patron, co-patron or as partner are now open:
- Hansfield Educate Together Secondary School (Dublin 15) – a voluntary secondary school under the patronage of Educate Together.
- Ballymakenny College (Drogheda, Co Louth) – community college under the joint patronage of Educate Together and Louth and Meath ETB.
- Kishoge Community College (Lucan, Co Dublin) – a community college under the patronage of Dublin and Dún Laoghaire ETB, working in formal partnership with Educate Together.
- Celbridge Community College – an Educate Together and Kildare Wicklow ETB partnership school.
- Bremore Educate Together Secondary School (Balbriggan, Co. Dublin) – a voluntary secondary school under the patronage of Educate Together.
- Stepaside Educate Together Secondary School – a voluntary secondary school under the patronage of Educate Together.
- North Wicklow Educate Together Secondary School – a voluntary secondary school under the patronage of Educate Together.
- Cork Educate Together Secondary School – a voluntary secondary school under the patronage of Educate Together.
- Clonturk Community College (Whitehall, Dublin 9) – a community school under the City of Dublin ETB with Educate Together as Trustee Partner.
- Limerick Educate Together Secondary School.
- Firhouse (Dublin) Educate Together Secondary School.
- Malahide/Portmarnock (Dublin) Educate Together Secondary School Dublin South City Educate Together Secondary School.